MSc in Innovation and EntrepreneurshipHEC Paris
Discover new business opportunities and lead innovation with an online master’s degree from HEC Paris, one of Europe’s highest-ranked business schools. This program will enable you to identify and develop innovative and high-potential commercial opportunities, and is particularly relevant for current and aspiring business leaders who aim to lead business development, drive product innovation, or launch new business ventures.
Formerly known as the Online Master’s in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (OMIE), the degree program title has been updated to MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MSIE) to reflect what is stated on the program diploma.
Learn how to:
– Develop innovative and high-potential commercial opportunities
– Drive innovation and business development
– Create products or services in a start-up context or within an existing organization
– Apply your studies by working on a team project, mentored by leading professors and highly experienced professionals
– Achieve an online degree from the #2 ranked business school in Europe without having to leave your home or workplace
– Network remotely with respected businesspeople, successful entrepreneurs, and classmates
– Get team coaching from an experienced business expert
– Apply your skills to a team project designed to commercialize an idea, product, technology, or business proposition
Who is this degree for?
The MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MSIE) is designed for professionals in charge of, or interested in, product innovation and business development. Entrepreneurs, aspiring entrepreneurs, and intrapreneurs (professionals who want to lead entrepreneurial projects within existing organizations) will also find the program extremely relevant.
This program will help you to prepare for a career in business as:
– An entrepreneur
– A consultant in innovation management
– A decision-maker for launching innovative projects and making R&D investments
– A member of the executive team in a company
If you intend to pursue a PhD degree upon graduation or apply for employment which requires a master-level degree beyond 90 ECTS credits, investigate whether the MSIE meets your academic and/or professional needs before applying. More information can be found in the FAQ section.
Applicants for the degree program must have:
– a Bachelor’s degree,
– minimum of 5 years of professional experience, and
– english language proficiency.
Applicants will also be asked to submit a potential project idea. GMAT / GRE are recommended, but not mandatory.
The HEC Paris MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MSIE) is composed of two distinct parts. In part one, you will complete a fundamental phase of online study.
PART I : 10 FUNDAMENTAL COURSES – OVER 6 MONTHS
These online foundational courses enable participants to acquire the skills needed to scale up a company, boost creativity, manage new product development processes, capitalize on social media for marketing purposes and clearly define business strategy in individual contexts.
– Boosting Creativity
– Strategic Management of Innovation
– Organizing for Innovation
– Design Thinking for Innovation
– Entrepreneurship Strategy: from Ideation to exit
– Business Strategy
– New Product Development
– Social Entrepreneurship and Changemaking
– Scaling Up Operations
– Marketing Through Social Media
In part two, you will complete a project-based curriculum taught by HEC Paris faculty. The key objective is to help you transform ideas into business reality, culminating in a final pitch. The project-based part of the program enables you to apply theories and practical expertise gained during the program to developing a new product, brand or organization. You will work on a team project (idea chosen by the team) from initial conception to commercialization, mentored by seasoned entrepreneurs and business leaders.
PART II : 10 PROJECT-BASED COURSES – OVER 12 MONTHS
The Degree part of the program, based around a team project, enables participants to apply all the theories and practical expertise gained during the program to create a new product, service, brand or organization. The goal is to move a team project forward, from initial conception to commercialization during the project-based period. Participants will be mentored as a team by a highly experienced entrepreneur/business leader.
– Team Working
– How to Create a Business Plan
– Fundamental of Negotiations
– Developing a Customer-Centric Strategy Through Marketing
– Managing the Performance of a Growing Enterprise
– Online Business Under Information Asymmetries
– Intellectual Property Law for New business
– Entrepreneurial Finance
– Private Equity and Venture Capital
– Business Model Innovation with the Odyssey 3.14 approach